Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Years Ago Penning Rhymes

Years ago penning rhymes did come easy to me
I am not the man that i once used to be
My memory not what it was decades ago
It does look like time it has become my foe

I never refer to myself as a poet
Nor am i one worthy of literary note
As rhymers do go not one to the fore
I write rhymes for enjoyment and little else more

My best days in life in the forever gone
But i must be addictive for to keep rhyming on
Everyday i feel compelled more rhymes for to write
And email them into an internet literary site

Though i am just a writer of rhyme doggerel
I too do have yarns and stories for to tell
We all have our own stories of life one can say
And with rhyming words i am one who likes to play

Ordinary rhymers like me to be found everywhere
There are millions of us in the big World out there
Though years ago penning of rhymes came easier to me
Suppose i am not the man that i once used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment