Sunday, February 14, 2016

From Millstreet In Duhallow

From Millstreet in Duhallow i do live far away
And perhaps it will not be by Cashman's Hill that my last remains will lay
Time does not wait for anyone as the wise one does say
And each years leaves me looking older and balder and more gray
It has been quite a while since my physical prime
Eventually like everyone else i will run out of time
And though in my prime years i was not an athlete
Time it has left me quite slow on my feet
Far from where i first looked on the light of day and grew into a man
Like many migrants i well may live out my life span
In Claraghatlea years ago i was one of it's own
But today i would be a stranger to many where i once was well known
Millstreet Town and Clara Mountain i may never again see
And all i have are the memories of the what used to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment