Saturday, February 6, 2016

Though I Have

Though i have worked on pipelines in and near Ballarat
I cannot say that i have been there and done that
And worked on cherry pickers trimming tall trees
Above electricity power-lines a job that had dangers of varying degrees

I worked in the wood near Mushera Mountain where the cold winds often blow
Felling pine trees for making chipboard where the bracken knee high does grow
Financially i was a poor fellow then and i remain poor today
And the Seasons of time has left me bald, wrinkled looking and gray

From the place i was born and raised in i live far away
And though i have not been back there for many a day
The past as is said follows us to wherever we go
Though eventually time does become everyone's foe

Though i have seen bits of Britain, Ireland, the U S, New Zealand, Australia and Japan
I am not what one would call a well traveled man
And though the best years of my life are in the long gone
For as long as i can do i will keep on keeping on.

No comments:

Post a Comment