Thursday, March 27, 2014

Only The Memories

Though old Clara's face i may never more see
In my mind the mental pictures are living in me
Of the times i climbed the high fields of Claramore up to the old hill
The memories are with me as if time stood still

Perhaps i will never more see Claraghatlea near Millstreet Town
Where i used to live when my hair was dark brown
Since i last see the old fields many Seasons ago
My balding head gray and time has become my foe

To many in Millstreet i would be a stranger today
And the clock on my life ever ticking away
The babies when i left there now in their life's prime
And in memory one can only go back in time

Perhaps i will never again hear the robin sing
On a leafy birch tree in the prime of the Spring
And only the memories with me does remain
Of what used to be but will never be again.

No comments:

Post a Comment