Thursday, March 12, 2020

Fond Memories Of Birdsland

A place that i did visit many a day
Though from there i now live many a kilometre away
Birdsland in South Belgrave with a charm of it's own
As a safe haven for wildlife it is widely known

With my faitful dog Jedder when she was alive
In my old datsun to Birdsland i often did drive
On my walks with her we played fetch the tennis ball
To my four legged black and white friend her favourite game of all

The loud quacks of  the female black duck and the softer call of the drake
Are Nature 's sounds i recall from Birdsland Lake
Where the nasal call of the wood ducks one often does hear
They live in Birdsland every day of the year

Of Birdsland great memories i have to retain
That for as long as i live in me will remain
But going back the Seasons this seems long ago
And time that ages all things has become my foe

Jedder and the old datsun have gone the ways of time
And i am nearer now than i was then to my final rhyme
Fond memories of Birdsland today i retain
And in fancy i often do go there again.

No comments:

Post a Comment