Sunday, March 15, 2020

True To My Calling

I have written so much about old Clara's Hill
And the fields of Claraghatlea and the Claramore Rill
That to the big rivers babble night and day
To the Atlantic waters from here far away

I have written of people i know and have known
And my number of rhymes to the thousands have grown
And though some tell me my hobby is a waste of time
It is something i love doing and by law not a crime

My rhymes i do post to an internet site
And of my travels in Australia so much i do write
The rhymes come to me in notebook i pen them down
It all started for me back near Millstreet Town

Just one the literary critics do choose to ignore
To my growing number of rhymes every day i add more
Though each day brings me nearer to the end of my life span
I will die as i live a rhyme loving man

My better days in life in the forever gone
But true to my calling i do keep rhyming on
If i told you i will quit rhyming this would be a lie
As i hope to be doing it on the day i do die.

No comments:

Post a Comment