Tuesday, March 22, 2022

A Love That Is Lost

He says to her i am not the one that you think that is me
And i cannot be the one that you wish me to be
And since you do not hold me in your sense of  high self esteem
I am not your idea of a soulmate to me it does seem

I do not look up to the people you admire
To be like any of your role models i feel no desire
On our values and beliefs we are as different as day is from night
This does not mean you are wrong or that i am right

Years ago i did love you more than i do today
But then in life few things as they were do stay
Few loves last a lifetime one has to suppose
For my birthday you no longer give me a rose

In this town like any other town there are some old dears
Who remain in love after living together for years
For to achieve this they have to be soulmates and soulmates are rare
Am i telling you something of which you are aware

Most good things in life does come at a cost
And few ever again find a love that is lost
And the loves that last a lifetime are only of the few
But i do hope you find love in somebody new.

No comments:

Post a Comment