Wednesday, March 9, 2022

I Was Of The Fields

 I was of the fields of the silver backed crow
Where Finnow the white river to the Blackwater flow
I left that old countryside many Seasons ago
And since time that ages has become my foe

When i was far younger in my physical prime
Those old fields i loved first inspired me to rhyme
But in reality those days are of the long past
And memories of what was are all that does last

Of my walks through the fields to where the waterways meet
In the green countryside near the Town of Millstreet
The good memories only last of the what used to be
And memories are quite different to reality

When people ask me where i come from i say
A place that from here in distance is far away
Claraghatlea where on Clara Hill ever looks down
Less than two kilometres west of Millstreet Town

Today i am ageing in this place far south
Of the fields of the badger and waterways of the brown trout
In the home of echidna, koala and roo
And white long billed corella and yellow tailed black cockatoo.

No comments:

Post a Comment