Sunday, December 7, 2014

My Life Is A Shambles

My life is a shambles why otherwise pretend
But i will battle on till my journey will end
On some day or night when or where that will be
The Reaper of Lives has a date set for me
Anything i does touch does not turn to gold
In sixty eight years of living i have not grown financially well off i have only grown old
This rhyming for me a hungry belly game
It has not added cash or esteem to my name
For my lack of success only myself to blame
And my candle of hope now a flickering flame
I have come to realize though quite important money is not everything
And the joybells in my mind sometimes even ring
I now wish to be healthy and contented and live for as long as i can
And die in my sleep without pain as a very old man.

No comments:

Post a Comment