Tuesday, December 16, 2014

One Reason I Write

To make meaning out of my life one reason i write
And email my rhymes to an internet site
For others to read though my readers are few
Amongst many writers one can say this is not new

Any gifts we possess with others we ought to share
This is something of which i am all too aware
But it is never for money that i write every day
With rhyming words i just enjoy having a play

Today a weather forecast high of a sunny twenty one degrees
And in the park by the bay just a very slight breeze
Though the hot and humid days of mid Summer are near
December in the coastal south west is usually a nice time of year

From what i began with i have seemed to stray
But sometimes in my rhymes i do lose my way
Good writers in the subject they begin with do stay
Though without bad all would be good does seem fair to say

I used to love reading rhymes as a young boy
And writing them nowadays is something i enjoy
There are addictive rhymers i am one of those
But it does take all kinds one would have to suppose.

No comments:

Post a Comment