Sunday, December 28, 2014

Where Nobody Cares

In Millstreet as a young fellow i was not a bright boy of the school
But nobody cares where i came from in Illowa near Warrnambool
Or what i did in my working existence or if i do have uni degrees
Though in Illowa like all other places money does never grow on the trees

Where i will always be a stranger a man from a place far away
Though the locals are quite friendly to me they always bid me a good day
One who has lived in many places and always yearns for places new
The wanderlust remains strong in me in that i am not one of a few

Though i do live far south of my birthplace so little of the World i have seen
And it has been many Springs since i last saw the bluebells blooming on the ditch of a bohreen
And all i have left are the memories of the beauty of a Duhallow May
But memories can last a whole lifetime as long as the gift of memory with us does stay

The people seen as important in my young years in their local cemeteries lay
For them like the so called under achievers there too was a last night and day
The Reaper of lives makes all equal why otherwise try to pretend
Like all other life forms us humans are mortals and all mortal lives come to an end

Where nobody cares where i came from and i am a stranger to all i do meet
And none care if i was the dunce of the class room in the Boys Primary School of Millstreet
Amongst them i will always be a stranger but this also does suit me fine
I feel happy the weather is pleasant listening to birds singing in the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment