Monday, July 3, 2017

In This place By The Pacific Shore

I had my dreams for to follow though dreams for few lead to wealth and renown
One reason i left Duhallow and the fields near Millstreet Town
More than three decades in years since gone by on looking back time seems to fly
Perhaps i will never again from the heath on Clara eat whortleberries in July

Far from the fields of the badger and the waterways of the brown trout
I live as a balding gray haired migrant in this great Land of the south
Time that does not wait on anyone does keep on ticking on me
Yet in my daily walks in Nature things of great beauty i see

Here in the home of the emu, echidna, koala and gray kangaroo
And the white long billed corella and the yellow tailed black cockatoo
I remain as a student of Nature her wonders are many and her secrets not few
And every day to my amazement of her i do learn something new

Far south of where i grew to love Nature in Claraghatlea as a young boy
Here in the coastal Moyne shire of south west Victoria learning of her ways i enjoy
I feel lucky in my beautiful memories of the amazing natural beauty i have seen
Good memories do last a whole lifetime and remain in the mind evergreen

Far south of the place i was raised in and the fields i loved long ago
Time has left me feeling and looking older time that becomes everyone's foe
And perhaps i will never again walk or drive on the road between Millstreet and Rathmore
Though of Nature and life i am learning in this place by the Pacific shore.

No comments:

Post a Comment