Monday, August 24, 2020

If By the Government

If by the government it was deemed to be a crime
I would be in prison for my addiction to rhyme
For their addictions people ageing and in their physical prime
Are judged as lawbreakers and serving jail time
I feel lucky in my addiction i suppose
Since many for their addictive behaviour are in prison clothes
For if rhyming were a crime i would be in prison today
Since it is something that i never could give away
Though for doing it i never receive any pay
With ryming words i am one who just loves to play
People by the law caught smoking a joint today are in jail
For wanting to feel relaxed and laid back they are seen to fail
Quite lucky in my addictive behaviour i suppose
Had i another sort of addiction i would be in prison clothes.

No comments:

Post a Comment