Tuesday, September 8, 2020

I Have Had A Good Innings

I have had a good innings in truth i can say
And if COVID or something similar does claim me it will be okay
I have lived for more than seven decades without any suffering or pain
And i am one without a reason to complain
I am one of those without an end of life plan
And of my existence in time near the end of my span
Seven decades and near four years since my life's journey began
In ten years from now if living i will be an old man
On looking back the years time does seem to go fast
And all that we have are memories of the past
My best years in life in the forever gone
And for as long as i can do i hope to live on
For life is the greatest gift anyone does possess
Far greater than any other form of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment