Monday, September 21, 2020

Though I Used To Live Near There

 Though i used to live near there when my hair was dark brown
It has been many years since i see Millstreet Town
Or watched the grey fog envelope Clara's Hill
Or hear the Babble of the Claramore Rill

With a tongue never silent by night or by day
In Claraghatlea fields slowly winding it's way
To the bigger rivers to the Atlantic shore
In a distinctive voice that is forever more

Though my friends in Millstreet i have not seen for years
For the what used to be i have shed my last tears
Today i may not recognize them or they may not recognize me
Since it has been many years since them i last see

Fond memories are all that with me now remain
Of faces and places i will not see again
Though i still think of them as my friends of the past
Memories of what was with us only last

Like every other migrant memories of the past i retain
And that good memories can be a source of joy it's own self does explain
And the past just a memory of the far away
But the now is what matters and the now is today

No comments:

Post a Comment