Monday, September 21, 2020

So Why Should I Care

 I never harm anyone i can say in honesty 
 So why should i care what others say of me
The judgmental criticize people who never harm them every day
Their tongues ever wag in a negative way

I have been told as a rhymer i am not good enough
That my rhymes to read seem rather slipshod and rough
But with rhyming words i will continue to play
Despite what the opinionated of me do say
 
I write for enjoyment not for money or literary renown
And the rhymes that come to me in notebook i write them down
And email them to an online literary site
For anyone rhymes are so easy to write

We all have our hobbies in life one suppose
And one person's weed to another a rose
In literature there are novelists, playwrights and poets and rhymers as well
And those who do enjoy writing doggerel

Of self doubt in my mind i planted the seed
And of praise or criticism i do not feel in need
I just live in my own way and do my own thing
And writing of rhyme some joy to me does bring
 
And despite what the judgmental of me do say
My hobby of rhyming i will not give away
I hope to be doing it on the day i do die
If i did tell you differently it would be a lie.

No comments:

Post a Comment