Wednesday, May 11, 2022

I Am Of

I am of the fields of the rook and gray crow
Where the rushes in clusters near the waterways grow
Where Finnow the white river silent deep and slow
Winds it's way to Drishane where the Blackwater flow

My journey in life has brought me far south
Of the home of the badger and waterways of the brown trout
Where i would be a stranger now since there i did not stay
And i have not been there for many a day

Those i went to school with long past their lives prime
Like me they too would be showing the wear of time
Perhaps their grandchildren play games in the schoolyard as we did long ago
Years before time it did become our foe

I am of the place near a far away town
Where the roadways by the mountains do wind up and down
And only the memories with me now remain
Of faces and places i may not see again.

No comments:

Post a Comment