Sunday, May 24, 2015

It Has Been So Many Seasons

It has been so many Seasons since i see Finnow in flood of brown
Flowing bank high in the old fields just out of Millstreet Town
Or seen the hawthorns quite resplendent cloaked in their white blooms of the May
And the cattle on nutritious young grass gaining weight by the day
I have not seen the fields of Claraghatlea for close to three decades of years
But for my memories of the past i have shed my last nostalgic tears
Still in my flights of fancy with Pudsy the brown female dog
I hunt in the fields of Claraghatlea and Con The Master's bog
Pudsy a tough dog loyal to her end did stay
And though she passed on years ago i recall her today
We only can live in the now and the past in the forever gone
But good memories from the long ago in our thoughts do live on
And on my flights of fancy i can hear the silver back crow
Cawing on an ash tree in the twilight near where Finnow waters flow.

No comments:

Post a Comment