Friday, May 15, 2015

Memories Of Jedder

The last dog i had Jedder was her name
And life for awhile for me without her not quite the same
My friend and companion for close to thirteen years
The day that she died i was reduced to tears

A black and white blue heeler x border collie cross
I never considered myself as her boss
For how can one be a boss to a faithful friend
She was very loyal to me till her life's end

Frail and ill of old age by vet i had to have her put down
That day i must have been the saddest person in Wonthaggi Town
And only an old photograph now with me remain
As a memory of an old friend i will not see again

Of Jedder i have good memories for to recall
Her needs in life to say the least were small
Two meals a day a half an hour of fetching stick or ball
She was not that hard for to please at all

It is a fact your dog is your true friend and fact does not lie
A friend who will love you till the day he or she does die
And as my true friend Jedder till her end did stay
Though it has been awhile since she lived her last day.

No comments:

Post a Comment