Thursday, March 3, 2016

And Only The Memories

From Claraghatlea just west of Millstreet Town where i first saw light of day
And grew to a man i now live far away
The years have left me looking wrinkled and balding and my hair silver gray
That time ages the body only true for to say
On looking back the Seasons time does seem to fly
Though i often remember climbing Clara Mountain on evenings in July
When the whortleberries the small blue fruits of the heather were ripe for to eat
To the taste buds in the mouth they were a tasty treat
A skylark was singing just after sundown
Above Clara as the shades of twilight crept over the fields near Millstreet Town
From high Claramore to Claraghatlea downhill
I often followed the winding journey of the Claramore rill
And only the memories with me does remain
Of what used to be for me but will not be again.

No comments:

Post a Comment