Tuesday, March 1, 2016

I Am One Who In life

I am one who in life has been quite lucky
Nothing as such for to worry about
And though rhyming to me seems far more than a hobby
My worth as a rhymer i always do doubt

To be a poet i have never pretended
A rhymer at best is the best i can be
Literary critics see my sort unworthy of criticism
Each to their own views one has to agree

This is a beautiful day for a rhymer
In the sunlit gray sky the welcome swallows are circling above the old town
To the northern tropics they will soon be migrating
The dark airborne wanderers of throats of light brown

In Nature every day inspiration for a rhymer
Beauty is everywhere all around me
After the recent rain the park looking fresh and greener
And so pleasant to hear the song of the pee wee

Lucky to be here among such nice surroundings
In this quiet park on this beautiful day
Alone with my thoughts on such beautiful weather
Utopia from this place cannot be far away

Just to be here in this place i feel lucky
Where a magpie is warbling on a sunlit gum tree
Where mother Nature is in all of her splendor
And her amazing beauty to view it is free.

No comments:

Post a Comment