Sunday, March 20, 2016

It Is The Very Fear Of Death

In my late sixties the Reaper of lives soon to me will be reaping near
It is the very fear of death that i only do fear
I only fear the nothingness beyond the Earthly grave
It will never be said of me that i was one who died brave
But the fear of death is a common fear even among those of strong religious faith
I once asked a devout religious woman did she fear death her reply 'heaven it can wait'
Like me she also does fear death such a fear a common thing
Of the praises of the Reaper of lives you will not hear many sing
None have come back for to tell me of a paradise beyond the sky
Where good souls post bodily death with wings to do fly
The fear of death is the fear of the unknown
Of having such a fear i know i am one who is not on my own
I only wish for to live on for as long as i can
And die in my sleep without pain as a very old man.

No comments:

Post a Comment