Tuesday, August 10, 2021

Only Memories Of Them

Only memories of them with me now remain
The old fields i may never walk on again
In the countryside where i grew to a man from a boy
And learning of Nature to me a source for joy

In Duhallow just west of the Town of Millstreet
In the green countryside where the waterways meet
I grew to love Nature a long time ago
Many years before time became my foe

Where to many i would be a stranger today
Since from there i have lived quite a long time away
And time that ages everyone did not ignore me
Absence does make one a stranger is how it seems to be

It was my yearn for travel that lured me far south
Of the fields of the badger and waterways of the brown trout
To this place of  emu, koala and wallaby and roo
And white long billed corella  and yellow tailed black cockatoo

Far south of the Duhallow Town of Millstreet
And the green countryside where the waterways meet
Perhaps i may well live my last night and day
At least for me now it is looking this way.

No comments:

Post a Comment