Friday, August 27, 2021

Writing Rhyme Is My Addiction

Writing rhyme is an addiction of i never will be free
Something i feel compelled to do this is how it is with me
I have written thousands of them in near to five decades of time
Today i would be in prison if penning of doggerel was a crime
Reading rhymes was something i loved doing as a primary school going boy
And today as an old fellow writing them i do enjoy
If i did not enjoy doing it rhyming i would give away
So they keep on growing in numbers when i add to them every day
Just an ordinary rhymer who will never be a poet
That the literary critics ignore as one unworthy of note
The rhymes keep coming to me in notebook i pen them down
Just for the love of doing it not for money or literary renown
Writing rhyme is my addiction by demon rhyme i am possessed
Looked upon as a failure not one of the truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment