Tuesday, November 17, 2015

It Is My Lack Of Cash

It is my lack of cash that does keep me away
From where i first looked on the lamp of day
Claraghatlea just west of the Town of Millstreet
So many there that i never more will meet

For some i know in Millstreet did not stay
And where the deceased are some of them now do lay
And only memories now remain with me
Of my erstwhile friends and of the what used to be

Since i left Claraghatlea by Millstreet Town
On life's journey i have known many an up and down
But for my fading memories of the long gone years
I have shed the last of my nostalgic tears

Yet often in fancy i visit the home fields again
On an evening in Spring in the drizzling rain
The nesting birds singing on the bushes and trees
Their pleasant notes floating in the freshening breeze

And the rill in the fields from high Claramore
Babbling to the rivers to the Atlantic Shore
And in the fading twilight the soft lowing of a cow
In a darkening field by the River Finnow

I only have memories of friends i have known
In the place where i used to be one of their own
And it is only my lack of finances that do keep me away
From the place where i first looked on the lamp of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment