Sunday, November 1, 2015

The True Sportsman

The athlete with the big smile on his face
Although he did not run well in the race
And failed to finish among the top three
Says the others ran a better race than me

But for me there will be another day
It is said of life perseverance it does pay
When i will be the hero of the crowd
For me alone the cheering will be loud

Today i lost although i ran my best
I was found to be wanting when put to the test
The winner had won the right to celebrate
And on his victory him i did congratulate

Today the crowd they did not chant my name
But this no reason for me to hang my head in shame
On hope of better days i do keep faith
All good things in life come to those who wait

The true sportsman although he did not win
Upon his face did wear a happy grin
Success from him cannot be far away
He will be the hero of a future day.

No comments:

Post a Comment