Sunday, November 8, 2015

We Never Stop Learning

I grew to love Nature far north of where i live today
By sky many thousands of kilometers away
In the old rushy fields where the waterways flow
My wonder of Nature did begin to grow

We never stop learning as the wise one does say
And of Nature we learn something new every day
Though to learn perhaps i am one who is quite slow
Since so little of Nature's ways i can claim to know

Some birds i got to know by their chirping and song
Familiar voices of Nature that one cannot get wrong
But on my knowledge of Nature to me it does seem
That i cannot build on my sense of self esteem

Wherever i turn to look i do see
Green beauty and hear the sounds of Nature that is all around me
In sunny November the prime of the southern Spring
The wild-born nesting birds whistle and sing

Her wonders are many and her secrets not few
And every day about Nature we learn something new
That the more we know so little we realize we know is not a lie
And we will never stop learning till the day we do die.

No comments:

Post a Comment