Monday, November 30, 2015

The Only Heaven I Do Know Of

I do not believe on an afterlife heaven since the heaven i know it is all around me
Every day on my walks in Nature such amazing beauty i do see
The white butterflies they are dancing above the flower beds and the sunlit trees
On a beautiful sunny day in late November with only a slight southerly breeze
My heaven it is all around me i walk in it's woods every day
The silver billed magpies are singing on the trees in the park by the bay
Late Spring in South Western Victoria is such a beautiful time of the year
The familiar song of the male blackbird is always a joy for to hear
A young calf in the nearby paddock is calling to her mother cow
The only heaven i do know of it is in the here and the now
The dark welcome swallows are chirping as fast as a car they do fly
In their pursuit of flying insects above me in the sunlit sky
So many people in the World to their god in heaven do pray
But the only heaven i do know of is where i am living today.

No comments:

Post a Comment