Sunday, December 10, 2017

It Was My Love Of Adventure

It was my love of adventure that brought me far south
Of the fields of the badger and the waterways of the brown trout
But i hoped to return for to grow old and gray
To the place where i first looked on the lamp of day

But the flame of nostalgia that in me brightly burned
Has faded to a flicker i have not returned
To the green countryside just west of the Town of Millstreet
And the old rushy fields where the waterways meet

Thirty one years in this beautiful southern Land
All things in life never do go as planned
I have grown to love this Country and i have shed my last tears
For the what used to be in the long gone years

Here in the home of emu, koala, echidna, wallaby and gray kangaroo
And long billed corella and galah and yellow tailed black cockatoo
I receive lessons from life and Nature every day
We never stop learning as the wise one does say

I never returned to greet the flowers of May
In the old fields i loved by the Town far away
I have fallen in love with this southern Land
Not all things in life ever does go as planned.

No comments:

Post a Comment