Monday, January 20, 2014

We Are Not As Important

Photos of ourselves and our wives and our children in our homes on every wall
For our growing egos it does seem our heads are too small
I see young people taking photos with their mobile phones of self  and fiance every day
We are in the age of too much love of self it does seem this way
We are in the age of  i, myself and me
And we are out of touch with the reality
That we are mere mortals that and nothing more
And many of us in years will not live to reach the age of four score
I too am egotistical and the egotistical traits in others i do see
Are the egotistical traits i do dislike in me
Self promotion and abnormal self love are of the narcissistic kind
And this 'look at me syndrome' a disease of the mind
Attention seeking and self promotion by many has been taken too far
We are not as important as we think that we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment