Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Wherever I Go To

Wherever i go to the past goes with me
At least anyhow this is how it seems to be
The birds are chirping and singing in Birdsland today
Though Birdsland from where i live in kilometers far away
From the gravel pathway that circles the lake
I can hear the loud quacking of the female black duck and the softer quacks of the drake
Where i used to walk with old Jedder my black and white canine friend
We had such good times but all good times do end
The bones of old Jedder in Wonthaggi lay
But true to me till her life's end she did stay
In my mind fond memories of her with me does remain
And i throw the stick or ball for her to fetch again
Wherever i go to my past follows on
How wrong of me to think that it is in the forever gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment