Friday, January 1, 2016

If You Cannot Love Yourself

If you cannot love yourself you cannot love others is a saying that happens for to be true
And if you cannot give love it does follow that love will not become your due
But life it is meant to be this way if you cannot give do not expect to receive
A good enough philosophy for living and one on which i do believe
Some people are so kind and helpful they do possess the inner glow
A few of their sort though not many i do feel quite lucky for to know
Though sometimes self love can become narcissistic i know of a few who are this way
And meeting their sort not a pleasure they never help for to make my day
The topic of their conversation is always me, myself and i
Theirs is a self love that is way over the top to true self love they give the lie
But we need some self love to love others at least this is how it seems to be
I cannot hope to love others if i do not know how to love me
If you cannot love yourself you cannot love others as a truism does remain
And why this is ask one with more knowledge since it is beyond me to explain.

No comments:

Post a Comment