Sunday, January 24, 2016

Only For Michael Cashman

I tell everybody that i hail from Millstreet
From the green countryside where the waterways meet
But from there i have been long gone and i live far away
And only for Michael Cashman there i would be forgotten today

Since he is the one who puts some of the stuff i do write
From time to time on the Millstreet web site
For this to him i feel grateful and it is true to say
That it is nice to be remembered in such a way

Though i have shed all of my nostalgic tears
And i have not been in Millstreet for twenty nine years
And Millstreet Town and Clara Hill i may never more see
Claraghatlea will always be first home-place to me

Where i grew to love Nature when i was a young boy
And to think i am remembered there today to me a source of joy
And though time on my life it is ticking on fast
On my flights of fancy i often visit the past

Since i left my first home-place where i was well known
A new generation into young adults have grown
And only for Michael Cashman in truth i can say
I would be of the forgotten of Millstreet today.

1 comment:

  1. thanks francis,
    nostalgia or not, a lot of people enjoy your poems
    michael

    ReplyDelete