Wednesday, April 7, 2021

Since For Doing It

 Since for doing it i never do receive any money in pay
I have been advised by some to give rhyming away
And though perhaps in their advice they are not wrong
The urge to write rhymes in me remains strong

They have their opinions and this suits me fine
But what they think of me is their business and no business of mine
I have been penning rhymes since my physical prime
And this is going back many Seasons in time.

The rhymes keep on coming and in notebook i pen them down down
But never for money or literary renown
It is just my addiction and as the wise one does say
Any addiction is the hardest thing for to give away

To be one of the admired is just not my thing
And it does not bother me if others my praises never sing
But if anything i have written brings to someone's face a smile
My effort at writing it will have been worth my while

There are rhymers in every village and city and town
Who write rhymes for enjoyment not for literary renown
But for as long as i enjoy writing rhymes as a rhymer i will stay
And for the rhymer a last rhyme and for us all a last day

No comments:

Post a Comment