Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Neighbours And Strangers

When i said hello to him he seemed stuck for an answer to my greeting he did not choose to reply
To say the least to me he did seem indifferent which gives me some reason to wonder why
This could be is he hearing impaired or is it my accent my way of speaking he did not understand
For more than thirty years i have i have been in this Country but i speak in the accent of another Land
This is not the first time that him i have greeted but to my greeting he never reply
The next time we meet i will not say hello to him in silence we will pass each other by
What he thinks of me it is his own business and what i think of him he hardly would care
By sight only we do know of each other and nothing in common we do share
For all i know he might be a kind person one who is possessed of the inner glow
In friendships one who has been disappointed i am one person less for him to want to get to know
So he wants to keep treating me as a stranger with me suppose this has to be okay
We must live on as strangers with people sometimes it can be this way
Just one less for him for to get to know of  anyway this is how it seems to me
We live as neighbours and remain as strangers this is how he seems he wants it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment