Wednesday, April 3, 2019

I Always Will Be

A Claraghatlea fellow i always will be
Wherever i go to my past goes with me
The old fields i loved in my thoughts ever stay
In my visualizations i do visit them every day

Materially i am one who has not known of financial success
But life it does go on for me nonetheless
Nowadays a stranger to many far south of Millstreet Town
Near where i used to live when my hair was dark brown

Far south of the fields where the rushes in clusters do grow
Home to fox and badger and rook and grey crow
Where the Finnow and Cails to the Blackwater flow
Nowadays by sight i am one few would know

In retrospect the Seasons do seem to go fast
And in memory we are only linked to the past
In moments of nostalgia to visit again
But that we can only live in the now as a truism remain

In Millstreet in Duhallow from here far away
I would be a stranger to many today
But a Claraghatlea fellow i always will be
Today it is living in my memory.

No comments:

Post a Comment