Wednesday, February 9, 2022

An Adviser

He asked me how much money for penning rhymes i receive
When i told him i do it for enjoyment me he did not believe 
He said anybody never does anything for anyone without pay
Money is all that matters in the World of today 
He said you must realize that times have changed from the past
The days of doing things for enjoyment did not seem to last
For one in your mid seventies you must realize
That doing things for enjoyment is not very wise
In this twenty first century when money counts for success
Doing something for enjoyment others does not impress
At least i did not have to pay for the unsolicited advice
Of one who likes the sound of his own voice
I thanked him for his advice and bid him good day
With another rhyme in my head as i went on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment