Tuesday, February 22, 2022

I Just Wish To Live Out My Time

I just wish to live out my time free of stress 
And enjoy my every moment of happiness
Years ago i dropped out of the race to success
And others i no longer wish to impress

I leave it to younger people to compete
To be best in their neighbourhood or best on their street
And be in the competition for best in the town
And go on from there to far greater renown

From now on to my higher self i will try to live true
And give to those worthy the verbal credit they are due
Try not to be judgmental and live and let live
And do not expect to receive when i give

The wealthy and famous i do not admire
And just to be like them never had that desire
The people i admire help those in life doing it tough
The hungry and homeless at night who sleep rough

Of the stress that life can bring i wish to live free
I only wish to be the best i can be
In the Autumn of life i am seventy five
I feel happy at my age just to be alive

No comments:

Post a Comment