Saturday, February 19, 2022

Were I Born A Poet

Were i born a poet a poem i would write
Of lovers of Nature to enjoy and read and recite
Of how the birds build their intricate nests in the Spring
In the time of year when they whistle and sing

Were i born a poet i would write of the freshening breeze
Soughing in the leafy branches of the trees
Carrying in it the sweet scent of freshly mowed grass for silage or hay
In the cool of the evening of a nice Summer day

But it is not saying anything on anyway that is new
That true poets as is said are of the few
And i am not one i cannot deny
Though to describe Nature's beauty my best i does try

Were i born a poet of Nature's beauty in verse i would glorify
And of creating beauty in words my talents i would apply
And though i try my best a poet i will never be
Since it is my love of rhyme has made a rhymer of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment