Wednesday, January 30, 2013

A Brief Bio In Rhyme

Though i live far south of Claraghatlea my first homeplace
Where mine years ago was a well known face
Since the years have left me looking older and gray
Perhaps there i would be a stranger today

I have traveled a bit in my sixty six years life span
And though i've been to New Zealand and Britain and Japan
I have not been to Paris or Berlin or Rome
Big Cities not distant from my first Irish home

As a  teenager i lived and worked in New York for a few years
Where for Claraghatlea i did shed nostalgic tears
And here in Koroit in Victoria where i live today
The clock on my life does keep ticking away

Worked in woods in Muskerry and Duhallow felling spruce and pine trees
In temperatures often close to zero degrees
Worked on building sites and as a drainer and in the old Sherbrooke Shire
On travel towers lopping trees i worked hard for my hire

A brief bio in rhyme  of  my life that and  little else more
And i do feel my age now six years with three score
I have  traveled a bit since my life's journey began
But compared to some i am not a well traveled man.

No comments:

Post a Comment