Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Doing Something For Nothing

I like to pen doggerel in my spare time
And that in itself can hardly be a crime
But some opinionated people to me do say
How can you do something without reward or pay

Of my needs in life they are hardly aware
With them i have little in common to share
Money and materialism in life is their thing
I always leave them their own praises to sing

My battles in life i do face on my own
I feel no great desire to be famous and known
It is hard for to make of anyone a friend
If your way of life they cannot comprehend

I do look at life in a weird sort of way
Quite different to many i do meet evey day
Materialism and sports scarce interests me at all
Not my favorite subjects cricket and football

In my spare time i do like to pen doggerel
Perhaps i am bound for the Poetasters Hell
And some opinionated people offer me free advice
Saying doing something for nothing is not a good choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment