Monday, January 14, 2013

For Me Like All

For me there may not be a tomorrow i only can live my life by the day
I never do look far into the future the now is all that matters anyway
At sixty six i've seen a lot of seasons on length of life never a guarantee
If this is how it is for everybody why should it be any different for me
I first saw daylight north of this  great Country from here by northern hills thousands of miles of sky
On looking back the years did go so quickly the decades of my life did tick on by
I feel grateful for every day of life i've been granted i would like to live to die as an old man
But our gift of life at most is only terminal and the longest lived life in time is not a long span
I spent my life's early years by distant mountains though further south i may live my last Spring
When warmth of Spring comes to the northern Country i never more may hear the dipper sing
The dark brown dweller of the upland waters the river bird with breast as white as snow
When i was young his song to me  familar and by his voice  him i did get to know
I cannot say if i will see tomorrow i only take it one day at a  time
For me  like all there will be a last sunset and for me like all there will be a last rhyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment