Saturday, January 26, 2013

Life's Doddering Stage

Though many on their day far greater than me
I am not the man that i once used to be
There does come a time when we all feel our age
I am one of those at life's doddering stage

That some men are old they do not realize
But having said that this is no great surprise
Since it is true about pride  it comes before a  fall
A truism that does apply to us all

I see this old bloke in the park every day
On anti ageing creams and hair dyes he hides time's decay
With a beautiful young blond a third of his age he walks hand in hand
The respect that money does seem to command

Perhaps in his late seventies and far from handsome to behold
But in his own mind he is not feeling old
A woman is as old as she looks some are known to say
And a man is old when he stops looking life can be this way

I am feeling my age three years with sixty three
That you are as old as you feel you are would you not agree
But against time i am one who refuse for to rage
Since i accept i am at life's doddering stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment