Sunday, January 27, 2013

Ordinary

I am just an ordinary man on an ordinary street
And ordinary people i only seem to meet
Full of their own self importance and self conceit
For their idea of success with each other every day they compete

Of talking to them i so quickly does tire
In them there is little at all to admire
The most of their waffle is based on the i
To humility as such they do give the lie

Such people themselves to me do not endear
Their boasting of their successes i would rather not hear
One does meet all sorts of people as some do like to say
I ought to know that i meet them every day

I am an ordinary fellow quite ordinary indeed
And my type of person are not a rare breed
And mostly ordinary people i meet most of the time
And to them i do dedicate this simple rhyme.

No comments:

Post a Comment