Thursday, November 5, 2020

I Cannot Lay Claim

 I cannot lay claim to the title of poet
Nor am i a rhymer who is worthy of literary note
And though an ordinary rhymer is the best i can be
Rhyming is soothing to the soul in me

And though my worth as a rhymer i have reason to doubt
Never a shortage of things for to write rhymes about
The rhymes keep on coming to me in notebook i pen them down
Just for the love of doing it not for money or renown

With rhyming words i am one who just loves to play
In my walks they do come to me every day
The years may leave us older and balding and grey
But we learn as we live as the wise one does say

I find rhyming an antidote for inner strife
And no shortage of things to write of in nature and life
There is more to the bird would you not agree
That you see and hear singing on the sunlit tree?

My rhymes have been born of laughter and tears
And i have been writing them for decades of years
And if i said i will retire from rhyming this would be a lie
As i hope to be doing it on the day i do die.

No comments:

Post a Comment