Wednesday, November 4, 2020

I Would Rather

 I would rather be known as a loser any day
Than being seen as a winner though i was dishonest in my way
In my climb to the top of the hill of success
And many impressionable people i do impress

If the money that brings me the admiration of many was not acquired honestly
And others have become poorer all because of me
I would rather be as i am a stranger to fame
One of the poorer sort without any achievements to my name

To some people to become wealthy by deception is quite okay
Dishonesty for them does financially pay
As long as the law does not define their business transactions as a crime
Though they are  no more honest than many in prison who are serving time

What to them is good business acumen is not what good business is about
Since they knew in their business dealings that others would financially in a big way lose out
Though they become wealthy and famous through their many a deceptive deal
Their sort of achievements to me does not appeal.

No comments:

Post a Comment