Sunday, March 18, 2018

The Boys And Girls I Went To School With

The boys and girls i went to school with where might they be today
Like me some of them from Millstreet ageing far away
And where the deceased are some of them does lay
Time does not wait for anyone as the wise one does say
The boys and girls of the fifties i grew up with in Millstreet
Like me long past their prime years and them i may never more meet
We had fun together childhood games we did play
Good memories live in us and  and until death in us stay
I have not been in Millstreet for thirty one years
And for what used to be i have shed my last tears
But of my childhood friends fonds memories i retain
Of my boyhood friends who young in my visualizations remain
And on my flights of fancy i hear the birds sing
And the old fields are wearing their wildflowers of Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment