Sunday, March 4, 2018

One Nearer To My Final Day

A bit of the World i can claim to have seen
And in many towns and cities to i have been
Far south of where i lived in when my hair was dark brown
Far north in Duhallow near old Millstreet Town
Far south of where i now live when my hair was dark brown
But in Millstreet i would be a stranger today
Since the years have left me looking bald and gray
Some i knew when i was younger from Duhallow live far away
And some where the deceased are at peace now does lay
Of the past only memories with me now remain
And perhaps i will never see Clara again
And in Spring see the bluebells on the ditch of bohreen
I only have memories of beauty i have seen
The clock on my life ever ticking away
And each dawning one nearer to my final day.

No comments:

Post a Comment