Thursday, March 8, 2018

She Said To Me

She said to me why do you write rhymes every day
Since for them you never receive any pay
You must be addictive in truth i can say
And perhaps it is time that you gave it away

It is true that addictions does come at a price
Though i lisetened to her  i won't be taking her advice
If  i  told her i would quit rhyming this would be a lie
Since i hope to be doing it until the day i do die

Of rhymers i know that there are quite a few
And this is not saying anything that is new
I am one who has written reams and reams of rhyme
Going back long gone Seasons more than four decades in time

She said to me clearly your best years are gone
But it puzzles me why you do keep rhyming on
The sun it was shining in the sky blue and gray
I thanked her for her advice and went on my way.

No comments:

Post a Comment