Friday, January 5, 2018

The Old Bloke In The Mirror

Every time i look in a mirror an old bloke is staring at me
Balding, gray haired he looks a bit wrinkled in his early seventies maybe
He does not appear to be happy though when i smile at him he smile
I thought of getting to know him better but then felt it may not be worth my while
For when i say hello to him his lips move but to my greeting he does not reply
My efforts to get to know him better of me he feels fit to deny
And now when i look in a mirror at him i only do stare
And he stares back at me in silence we have nothing in common to share
The old bloke i see in the mirror i never will get for to know
Between us there is no connection that into a friendship would grow
Perhaps we have nothing in common since to me he has nothing to say
We stare at each other in silence perhaps it is better it should be this way
Every time i look in my mirror an old wrinkled fellow i do see
And the strangeness that i do see in him is the strangeness that i see in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment